Wednesday, May 18, 2005

'Wednesday's Lesser Experience'

It's already half a week gone, a flinch, a flip of the coin, a blink of an eye, the leaves falling, the minute hand of the clock moving....As far as the eye can see, nothing spectacular happened as far, but yeah let's leave the details of me going for that horror movie behind. A good coffee/supper session story but i'm not too keen on it appearing here, hahaha....ask me when you see me...i'll tell ya all about it.

To Jing & Sean: "Hush!".

;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today during lunch (as usual i sit with my colleagues and rarely other people from the company), one of them asked me the queerest question (well, she was married and thus, after much thought, it wasn't as suprising compared to the time when she actually asked it....).

"So, you have a girlfriend?"

Blunt.

(I'm reminded of Shin Chan's comic book where sometimes a character says something that's offensive to the other individual and their speech bubble root would jab through the 'victims' head/heart, and honestly, i felt something like that - an invisible speech bubble jabbing through the heart, hurt for a few secs, but it still hurt nevertheless....)

And right before this they were talking about some funny relationship thingies involving polygamy and stuff, and then later how girls should be attracted to people who are good inside and not outside etc etc. Maklumlar i guy, so the topic to me was a bit one sided with 2/3 girls bashing the male sex for being too horny, too greedy, too selfish etc etc. as the topic lengthened.

Guy's table you'll never see this happen. Mainly 'cause we never talk about sensitive issues (well it might be offensive to girls, but they rarely join us when we're the majority), and/or we don't talk a lot. We don't mind silence once in a while, 'cause it means we're thinking.

Well that unfortunately wasn't the case with me (so yeah, back to me and my colleagues), i could have defended myself and represented the male race in eradicating/if not, then correcting these pretty stereotypical views but i wasn't 'really there'. 'Cause i slept only 4 hours last night.

You know what i mean.

To my advantage/disadvantage, this is actually what sleep deprivation does to me:-


  1. I talk less (= i get into LESS trouble)
  2. I see things surreally (yeah.......)
  3. I lose the sense of pain (I cut myself over filling some stuff earlier today, didn't feel a thing...)
  4. The nights rest is much much sweeter
  5. I don't get angry as quick (irritated maybe, but not really angry)
  6. I 'enjoy' the bus rides more.
  7. My mind goes through a tunnel of wild ideas each moment.
  8. I work faster than usual, but also more careless than usual.

2 more days and counting.....i'm so going for a sleep deprived weekend....

;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My dictionary is your dictionary (this is where i make you lost.... ):-

  1. Shin Chan - otherwise known as Crayon ShinChan, but i'm not too sure. A very badly drawn manga, but funny as hell if you're open to the idea of a naughty kid having lots of fun/not.
  2. Maklumlar - 'It's obvious that it was done / happened because....' (I have a strange feeling about the translation of this one....)
  3. Speech Bubble Root - the base of comic speech bubbles the point to the origin of the dialogue / conversation.

'Nite.

No comments: