Sunday, May 15, 2005

'Another Week Wraparound'

Last nite was a nite of embarassment. In all the enthusiam to carry out our weekly jamming session, i forgot to book the place. And it was me who said, on Friday as V. picked me from the station, Kamunting; "Yeah, i'll book it, no problemo".

So i had the whole nite to apologise to the rest of the group who were there. But there was no jamming session slotted for us at 10pm. Slapped my head in retardation the moment i arrived and e.l. told me that there was already a bunch of people for the 10pm slot. Yeah memories are going away from me, escaping me as if they don't want to be there....

I have found plenty similarities between what happened last night and what i usually do when i'm working. I have a lot to contend to, mind you. The world is sometimes spinning off its axis position and i'm just left there to pick up.... everyone/everything else immensely fast and efficient.

I must get going to where i once was independent and capable.

Well, no worries; i still see the world in all it's neutrality. Where's theres bad, surely good too is there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i was at church today. My name was in the roster for sound duty, which basically means that i had to fiddle with certain knobs of the main audio console to achieve 'good balance in sound' during service. So yeah, after having breakfast: a good 2 half boiled eggs with soy sauce (I had no idea it's been so long that i had half boiled eggs, which sounds a bit off, but there's always a feeling of sentimentality in the smallest of things, don't you agree?), i took off to church.

Went in the prayer room and the group was about ready to pray. And as usual, i was blur out of my mind, that when everyone took turns to offer up their prayers to God and that when it came to my turn, i was totally silent. And it was an uncomfortable few minutes of silence. Perceived telepathy told me that everyone was waiting for me to at least give out a few words. But i just had nothing to say 'cause everything i wanted to say : they've already said it. I'm very sure God has something against repetitiveness, we are after all, made in his image....and yeah i absolutely am NOT in love with Hitz FM (local radio that plays the singles to death/till the cows come home). Additionally, i had a thought that my sentences would be organised pretty badly this morning as i was still half asleep, "Sorry", Lord. So yeah, pastor patiently waited till it was confirmed that i would 'pass'. Closing prayer done and out we went to conduct and help with the service.

Taking care of the sound system is a pretty ok job. Just fiddling with knobs. And make sure that some people aren't too loud when they sing enthusiastically into the microphone while some others aren't too soft when they're a bit too conscious of themselves. Yeah karaoke DJ to the rescue.

;-)

It's always good for me that after service i can catch up with the people who watched me grew up. It's always good to remember where you came from and who helped you to get there.... meeting up on a good morning after some drizzle to Praise and Worship together as a family. Connectivity, don't ever lose that.

Thanks, Lord.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving at 6 later.

Another weekend gone.

Next weekend's a long one.

Can't wait.

;-)


No comments: