Friday, May 20, 2005

'Batting Amnesia Pt. 1,564,775,456,412'

Ok...so the numbers are made up, but the problems are real (now where did i get that from?, oh....geek childhood....).

Anyways, why am i here now, blogging in a cybercafe of all places?, i COULD be in my home in Taiping, not Penang, not here. This is where the lack of working brain cells come in: I thought that tomorrow was to be my leave day and so i bunched all my dirty laundry into a Johnny Walker bag (i took it from somewhere, and no i'm not a fan of liquor, i'm a 'beer-dude'), thinking that i could grab a ticket tonight and get home by 9pm.

But as the part of me said, "Hey....i don't think you're on leave tomorrow" (I was already at the office with my bag but yeah come to think of it there wasn't any other place that i could confirm my fears...). I was a bit wee worried. I quickly checked my folder in Outlook titled 'Useful References and Info' where i had placed the email which had the 'Saturday's Off' roster of my little department in it. Opened it. And stared with probably the best dumbfounded face ever to hit the north side of Malaysia. I was sceduled for 28th, NOT tomorrow, 21st.

Yeap.

As i punched out my card and walked with the cumbersome thing. I had Guns and Roses playing in my head. The ending part of 'Sweet Child of Mine'....."Where do we go now, where do we go?". The apartment i guess, but it sure was a drag taking it all over the place, advertising Johnny Walker as i walked around. And yes, which brings me to here. I didn't want to go back so soon. The gravity is always heavier on the way back then where you journey from. I seriously need to eat fish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was pretty cool, as once again the Taiping gang came down for a movie at GSC Gurney where it was showing Star Wars Eps.3. They got me exactly after work, and we watched the 6.45 show.

Don't wanna ruin anything for the fans out there. But just a few comments (can't help it, leave now if you don't want to hate me....these are NOT spoilers, or at least i hope them not to be....):-

  1. I thought i was watching the demo for Bad Dialogue 101 during certain parts of the show (I never recalled this happening with the 'vintage' Star Wars, which i still think rocks much more than eps 1 - 3).
  2. Things flowed too fast towards the ending.
  3. Yoda seems to be far too eloquent in this one. I admired his sentences when he was the hermit dude at the swamp planet.
  4. The battles have pretty lame outcomes.
  5. Palpatine was pretty cool.
  6. General Grevious was cool for about 5 seconds.
  7. The main characters stick out too much, too prominent.
  8. Light sabers are cosmetically made to be purple, green, blue and red (initially i thought it represented the characters' alignment or aura or something.....yeah im a bit of a SW geek here)
  9. There are certain bad forms of transportation in this one.....(don't worry, you'll know it when you see it...)
  10. Not enough SPACE battles.

Well, there you go, my 5 cents worth of thoughts on eps.3, but all in all, i still think that everyone should see it....'cause it completes the whole circle now (the Star Wars Saga). George Lucas must be grinning from ear to ear. Pretty big thing to pull off.....

P.s. I actually had a friend who said at the end of the show, "Oh damn.....now i got to wait for eps. 4 to come out!!!!!". Ignorance is bliss ain't it?

;-)

No comments: