Tuesday, December 16, 2008

'Dwelling'

I was sitting by the entrance of the train watching objects and landscapes blur under the noon sun. I was still sitting down when the interiors of the train became a mall. A scene unfolded before me: a kid who was wearing very new shoes adamantly defended himself against a shop assistant who had accused him of stealing them. He became very angry and verbal, to the extent of being abusive and the shop assistant could only stand helpless and take it all in like a sponge without saying a thing. I watched a couple making out against a wall. Things changed very dynamically in the dream, a lot of it was forgotten, but towards the very end, I was reprimanding a friend who was wanting to have an affair outside of her engagement, and like the shop assistant she was silently soaking up all my words, but with no understanding in her eyes.

2 comments:

lipei teoh said...

huh...was that friend me?

Mike Wong said...

no, not anyone you know either.